Wednesday, April 3, 2013

IN THE MEANTIME....

While talking to Christal of  Herbalife this morning, and listening to how cold it is yet in Southern Michigan, I realized there's no point in sitting idle, waiting for Mother Nature to bless us with warm weather and real spring....instead, get to some projects at hand.   So in the meantime:

I'm cleaning out a bookcase, a file drawer and a bathroom closet.  These are not my main goals, though having them done will be great.  My main goal is a big closet, but how could I add all that "stuff" to an already messed up bookcase, file drawer or bathroom closet?  Do them first.

There's always a joy in being in the mood to clean and sort and discard, and an even greater joy in finding treasures you were sure you got rid of and those that bring back a flood of memories.  One of the treasures I found was the Summer 2005 edition of Tea Time magazine.  I'm waiting for the next one to come in the mail, so this was an added treat, in the meantime.

I particularly enjoyed the article, "Capturing the Moment," on page 33.  "The ritual of preparing the tea itself is more than a mere indulgence; it is a series of necessary steps that are intended to be savored as each moment unfolds.  And the food served should appease the eye as well as the appetite."  Reading this was like reading my own thoughts.  If I had to explain why I host a tea every month and why I enjoy doing it, this would be it. 

If you have never hosted a tea in your home, yard, at the park, in your porch or any other venue, keep this statement in mind, and go forth.  Remember that tea time does not have to be complicated.  Sometimes, a spur of the moment, last minute idea to serve tea to your friend, grand daughter, neighbor or just yourself, can be as rewarding an experience as a delightful afternoon tea with linens and freshly baked savories and sweets.

Here is my grand daughter, Ilia, having tea on the spur of the moment in the back porch.



And in the meantime, I'll be cleaning out my closet, thinking of friends having tea together and enjoying a special moment of mere indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! And for sharing your comments.