Learn about St. Urho here:
I wish I had a purple teapot or cup to show. Check out the link above and learn something new - or something new to celebrate!
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Thursday, March 14, 2013
This is Erkie - relaxing, not on his dog bed, but on his "own" chair. I don't know what happened to our rule, "no dogs on the furniture".....smiles
We are Grand-dog sitting for 17 days, with just 8 days left. We haven't had a dog around for awhile, and have become quite selfish with our time since we've been retired - yes, that can happen in just 2 years - like getting out of bed when we want, not getting dressed right away when the weather is bad, lounging more than usual, or going where and when we want.
But why am I surprised that I have thoroughly enjoyed this time - even the early morning outdoor trek, and every two hours even when my hands are in dough or when I just sat down for my afternoon tea break.
"Is this bed for me, Gramma? I can smell the kids on the pillow and the dolls."
I found this "Survival Kit" in my collection of things, and I think it could apply to our dog-sitting as well as grandchild caregiving.
- RUBBER BAND - to stay flexible
- BUTTON - to be able to fix things
- STRING - so I'll never forget
- CHOCOLATE KISSES - so I'll never run out of kisses (and hugs)
- BAND-AID - to mend a broken heart
- MINT - to know I am valued
Here's to grandmothers everywhere, and grandmother dog caregivers, too!
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
While looking through my Pinterest board, "Tea Parties," I came across this post. So on the evening of yet another snow storm here in Northern Michigan, I left my comfortable couch behind and virtually traveled to London. Let's go to tea in London:
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Here are some tea sayings I read on scrapbook paper today, from DCWV, my favorite paper - Die Cuts With a View.
Tea is liquid wisdom
- A cup of tea solves everything
- Savor love sip by sip not gulp by gulp
- A little cup of friendship, with a bag of tea, when you drink this, think of love from me.
- You're my cup of tea
- Take time to appreciate life and a good cup of tea
- Life is better with a cuppa
- Life is a cup of tea
Tea is liquid wisdom